CHENNAI, December 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ —
– Family Court, Divorce and Domestic Lawyers is the Most Searched Category Across India
– Income Tax and Service Tax Lawyers is the Category That has Seen the Maximum Growth
Sulekha, one of India’s largest digital platforms for local service needs, today unveiled the results of a study undertaken on the online searches for Avocates and Lawyers. Revealing several interesting trends, the study shows an overall increase of 75% in online requests for advocates and lawyers, across India in the last one year.
Over 2,00,000 searches on the Sulekha local services platform were analysed in the last one year (July 2015 to June 2016) for various kinds of lawyers and advocates. The study covers the top 8 key metros in the country – Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and Pune. The study provides further information about the most popular categories of Advocates and Lawyers:
– Family Court, Divorce and Domestic Lawyers
– Property, Land, Real Estate Lawyers
– Court Marriage and Matrimonial Lawyers
– Civil Lawyers
– Criminal Lawyers
– Corporate and Company Lawyers
– High Court Lawyers
– Consumer Protection and Dispute Lawyers
– Industrial and Labour Lawyers
– Charitable Trust, Society and NGO Registration
– Legal Consultants
– Cheque Bounce Case Lawyers
Key findings of the study:
– Compared to last year, there is a 75% rise in online search for the Advocates and Lawyers category.
– The top 3 markets that have seen the maximum growth are: Delhi-NCR (104%), Hyderabad (100%) and Pune (85%)
– Delhi-NCR has seen a 104% growth in the searches for advocates and lawyers, with:
-Court Marriage and Matrimonial Lawyers category witnessing a rise of 765%
–Legal Consultants category witnessing a rise of 388%
-Family Court, Divorce and Domestic Lawyer category witnessing a rise of 280%
– From the analysis of nearly 80 sub categories in the Advocates and Lawyers category, apart from the Court Marriage and Matrimonial Lawyers, Copyright Patent and Trademark Registration Lawyers and Traffic Violation, RTO and Transportation Lawyers saw a growth of more than 500% across all cities surveyed.
– Family Court, Divorce and Domestic Lawyers, is the most searched category across all cities surveyed.
– Consumer Protection and Dispute Lawyers, and Charitable Trust, Society and NGO Registration consultants are the categories that have seen a growth of close to 300%.
– Sexual Harassment Lawyers have seen a 148% rise across India, of which Bangalore, Delhi-NCR and Mumbai contributed more than 70%.
Commenting on the findings, Satya Prabhakar, CEO, Sulekha, said, “The study shows the increasing trust that Indians have started to show towards the law and judiciary system. On one side, we see people seeking professional help in legal matters involving divorces and family disputes; the other side shows us an increasing number of searches for court and marriage lawyers, all showing us a picture of contemporary India. Professionals like advocates and lawyers make for a significant portion in the $200 billion Local Services market in India, and we have seen a healthy growth in this category this past year.”
Sulekha is one of India’s largest and fastest-growing digital platforms for local service need fulfillment in over 40 cities, connecting tens of millions of users and local businesses in 800+ need categories such as computer training, serviced apartments, wooden flooring, party catering, baby-sitting, elder care, yoga lessons, kitchen renovation, wedding photography, moving-packing, pest control, event planning and auto repair. Sulekha has 14 offices and 1,300+ employees across India and abroad (Austin), including Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata and Chennai.
Please visit http://www.sulekha.com
Sulekha New Media Pvt. Ltd.