Tuesday , 6 December 2016
Breaking News

Cylinder explosion set house on fire

Udaipur : A family in Murdia village in Vallabhnagar block of Udaipur had a narrow escape after an LPG cylinder in their kitchen exploded on Thursday morning. The entire house including appliances, clothes, jewelry and cash was burnt due to the blast that even blew away the roof.  Luckily, the all the inmates were out when the accident took place and hence escaped. The loss has been estimated to be around 10 lakh rupees.

The explosion was caused because of a leakage in the gas pipe, police said. The incident took place in the house owned by one Onar Singh Devra who had rented it to Umrao Mohammad and his family. Umrao, his wife, a daughter and son had gone out to meet some relatives while their second daughter had gone to a nearby grocery shop. As the girl came back, she switched on the light when she entered the house. The gas that had spread in the entire rooms caught fire. The girl ran outside shouting for help. Meanwhile the fire lead to an explosion and the roof blew off. People tried to hold the fire however, the flames were uncontrollable. Home appliances including the TV, refrigerator, beddings, ornaments and 20 thousand rupees were charred.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*